All programs are need based according to the community being served.
Programs relate to :
● Creating awareness
● Holistic health
● Income generation
● Motilal Nehru Camp, Munirka
● Phase II, Okhla
● Pappankalan Re-settlement Colony, Dwarka
● Sainik Farm
● Dakshinpuri, Sangam Vihar, Tigri, Madangir
● Okhla Phase I , IIT Delhi
● Creche for working mothers in Munirka
● Remedial education (primary classes) at Munirka, Okhla, Sainik Farms,IIT, Pappankalan
● Remedial education ( middle level classes) at IIT Delhi, Munirka, Okhla
● Remedial education( secondary and senior secondary level) for school drop-outs (National Institute of Open School Board) at Okhla, Sainik Farm,Sangam Vihar, IIT Delhi,Munirka
● Adult literacy at Munirka
● Vocational training for youth in the areas of computer education (Hardware, software), tourism and ticketing, hospitality retail etc.
● Women empowerment through Skill Training, Micro-credit
● Udyog Kendra (Sainik Farms)
Plans for the Future/ Vision:
● Make programs cost effective and strengthen them by hiring best professionals
● Replicate Delhi community program in DLF Gurgaon communities
VIDYA has worked with over 20 slum communities till date, each with an average population of 6000 people. Education for girl child, small family norm, health interventions including rehabilitation of physically challenged children, youth facilitated through education and vocational training to get placement in corporates, schools, health centres , airports etc , skill training for women facilitates income generation potential
Noteworthy: Rahul Kumar
Studied in Vidya’s remedial open school program, passed class XII through NIOS. Did computer training . Joined service at GE. Subsequently completed MBA.
Committed volunteers required in the areas of health awareness/ education/ arts and craft /sports/music/dramatics / skill training /vocational training and micro-credit programs.